Euroconsumers announces Euroconsumers BeXt Awards04 nov 2019
There’s now only one week to go before the unmissable first Euroconsumers International Forum - Bridging the Gap between Consumers and Businesses [in the Digital Age] - to be held at The Claridge in Brussels on 12 November.
This pragmatically disruptive initiative hosted by Euroconsumers in Brussels will focus on today’s most burning issues, from data security, fake news and Artificial Intelligence to IoT, digital sovereignty and smart transport, bringing leading market players, academia, high-level EU decision makers, Members of the European Parliament, digital thinkers, researchers and key consumer representatives together in meaningful dialogue.
“The role of the consumer has changed in the digital era. Consumers are no longer weak subjects in need only of protection, they are now drivers of development and of the new digital markets in which they disclose their personal data. The protection of consumers’ economic interests in the market thus opens a whole new perspective for consumerism as an engine for development”, explains Marco Pierani, Public Affairs and Media Relations Director at Euroconsumers.
“This is a challenge to which we at Euroconsumers — as modern, pragmatic consumer organizations — are determined to rise. We are therefore building our capacity to work with major global brands, helping them to raise the bar, especially in the digital economy, to design better products and services and to advance consumer empowerment”.
The International Forum will therefore also mark the launch of the Euroconsumers BeXt Awards, created to recognise the brands that have made significant contributions to improving the global marketplace in the year. The winners will be selected following a rigorous procedure based on expert reviews (eXpertise) and consumer feedback (eXperience) to identify the brands achieving the highest standards for both eXpertise and eXperience. This has seen Euroconsumers analysing its past two years’ comparative testing of some 2,000 products, together with the related consumer feedback (over 90,000 experiences), to identify the brands with outstanding performance in meeting consumer expectations in 5 categories, each with its own award:
- Euroconsumers BeXt Award for Quality in Large Household Appliances (washing machines and tumble dryers this year), shortlisted companies: Miele, Samsung, Siemens
- Euroconsumers BeXt Award for Quality In Hi Tech (smartphones and tablets for 2019), shortlisted companies: Apple, Huawei and Samsung
- Euroconsumers BeXt Award for Eco-Friendly Large Household Appliances (electricity and water consumption of washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers and cold appliances this year), shortlisted companies: Bosch, Samsung, Siemens
- Euroconsumers BeXt Award For Reliability In Large Household Appliances (washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers and cold appliances for 2019), shortlisted companies: Beko, Miele, Siemens
- Euroconsumers BeXt Award for Value for Money in Hi Tech (this year analysing the reviews of mobile phones and tablets), shortlisted companies: Huawei, Lenovo, Samsung
The winners of the Euroconsumers BeXt Awards will be revealed during the 2019 Euroconsumers International Forum on November 12 in Brussels.
“In launching these two interlinked initiatives, Euroconsumers is sending out a clear message to all players in the digital ecosystem: an invitation to dialogue which acknowledges the innovation/competition trade-off has become stuck in a loop, while offering a route to solutions to rebalance it.”
Marco Pierani, Public Affairs and Media Relations Director at Euroconsumers.
Gathering five national consumer organisations and giving voice to a total of more than 1.5 million people, Euroconsumers is the world’s leading consumer cluster in terms of innovative information, personalised services and defence of consumer’s rights. Its organisations work closely together and with the BEUC and Consumers International to ensure safe, fair and honest relations between consumers and businesses or authorities.